Hello OpenSSL team,

patches extending OpenSSL's built-in set of EC curves by the Brainpool
curves (see RFC 5639) have been around since 2010 - see for instance
http://openssl.6102.n7.nabble.com/openssl-org-2359-PATCH-td41171.html
http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=2239&user=guest&pass=guest

Pleased to see that finally, three years later, they have been included
in the upcoming version 1.0.2. - I have been able to verify this from
http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/openssl/snapshot/openssl-1.0.2-stable-SNAP-20131125.tar.gz

In particular since the usual NIST curves got under pressure recently:
http://it.slashdot.org/firehose.pl?op=view&type=story&sid=13/09/11/1224252
it is important to have some less debatable alternatives available for
general use ASAP. When can we expect version 1.0.2 to be released?

BTW, I successfully applied to both openssl-1.0.1c and 1.0.1e the
http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Attachment/32178/16797/rfc5639.patch .
When using it to cross-compile for Windows under Linux using the
ms/mingw32-cross.sh script, the dependencies of
crypto/objects/obj_dat.h and crypto/objects/obj_dat.c on
crypto/objects/obj_mac.h are not properly reflected.
As a workaround to this problem, I inserted between the lines

> echo Building the libraries
> make -f ms/mingw32-cross.mak CROSS=${CROSS}

the extra two lines

> make crypto/objects/obj_dat.h
> if [ crypto/objects/obj_dat.h -nt crypto/objects/obj_dat.c ]; then touch
> crypto/objects/obj_dat.c; fi

How does one cross-compile OpenSSL v1.0.2 for 32-bit Windows under
Linux? Both ./Configure Cygwin and ./Configure mingw
lead to various errors with 'make depend'.

Best regards
David von Oheimb