From: "Misaki.Miyashita via RT" <r...@openssl.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 06:59:18 +0100

> Hi,
>
> We don't have RNG instructions, and calling _sparcv9_random() causes
> SIGILL and debug tools (i.e. gdb and mdb) stops when libcrypto.so is
> loaded (at _init()).
> % mdb `which openssl`
>  > ::run
> mdb: stop on SIGILL
> mdb: target stopped at:
> libcrypto.so.1.0.0`_sparcv9_random+4:   random    %d8

Do not do this, the instruction is valid and we'd like to detect
the presence of it on chips that actually have it.

We use SIGILL sequence to detect presence for all crypto instructions,
so if your logic would apply to all of the instructions we try to
detect.

This is the standard way that openssl probes for instruction
presence.