On 28 Apr 2014, at 4:20 PM, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> To me this all sounds like an we end up in an inconsistent state.
>
> I'm expecting write(2) like behaviour of SSL_write().

You can request write(2)-like behavior from SSL_write() by setting
SSL_MODE_ENABLE_PARTIAL_WRITE with SSL_CTX_set_mode(). However, this bug is one
that occurs when the write(2)-like behavior is not set.

I do think it would be reasonable to sanity-check 's->s3->wnum' against 'len'
in ssl3_write()/ssl2_write(), perhaps duplicating ssl3_write_pending()'s error
checks so that they happen before the underflow occurs.