On Wed Jun 18 18:10:37 2014, ken.swen...@ngc.com wrote:

> OpenSSL Support;
>
> Thanks for all your help so far. I had to turn off AntiVirus
> Software to compile (why?, I dunno; and at this point don’t care.)

This is because the build has to write an executable, run it and then overwrite
it. Some AV software gets in the way of this operation.

> So now I get to the last step (nmake -f ms\nt.mak) and I get the
> following…
>
> C:\Data\openssl-0.9.8za.tar\openssl-0.9.8za>perl Configure VC-WIN32
> fips -with-fipslibdir=C:\usr\local\ssl\fips-1.0
> Configuring for VC-WIN32

> LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' conflicts with use of
> other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
> out32\md2test.exe : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined
> symbols found
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
> 10.0\VC\BIN\link.EXE"' : return code '0x491'
> Stop.

That usually means you're not linking with the multithreaded DLL option. This
could be because you have some old files from a previous build. Try doing:

nmake -f ms\nt.mak vclean

If you still get that problem look in ms\nt.mak the line starting CFLAG= it
should have /MD and not /MT.

Steve.