On Tue 01 Jul 2014 08:53:56 Tim Hudson wrote:

> >> Not having read the ticket, uClibc and newlib might be useful to support
> >> if
> >> possible since they're popular for embedded devices.
>
> They are actively used - but with a case that old and known current
> usage (one of the FIPS140 validated platforms is indeed uClibc based) so
> closing the ticket in my view is the right approach.
> If there is a specific issue with current releases those impacted should
> raise a new issue ...
>
> The specific suggested Makefile included in the RT item is also somewhat
> rather specific to the snapgear distribution layout ...

yeah, that patch makes no sense to include.  Gentoo actively builds the latest
openssl on uClibc, so it's not clear to me if any changes are needed at all.

i know hat openssl on nommu/Linux (which uses uClibc) has troubles with some
apps because they use fork(), but that patch doesn't help there.
-mike