Marcus and Andy,

thank you very much for your help so far.
I have a few more questions, see below.

Quoting Marcus Meissner <meiss...@suse.de>:

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 01:13:51PM +0200, Michael Menge wrote:
Quoting Matt Caswell <m...@openssl.org>:

>On 24 September 2014 10:03, Michael Menge <
>michael.me...@zdv.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Last week i asked on openssl-user Mailinglist about an SIGSEGV
>>in Cyrus-Imapd 2.4.17 which seems to be received in ssl3_get_message
>>or a function called by ssl3_get_message, but received no reply.
>>
>>I asked on the cyrus mailinglists as well, but the developer have no idea
>>what could cause this. Can you help me to debug this further?
>>
>>Below is the BT of one of the core dumps
>>
>>Regards
>>
>>    Michael Menge
>>

>What OS/platform is this, and what version of OpenSSL?

SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP3 x86_64

libopenssl0_9_8-0.9.8j-0.62.1
openssl-0.9.8j-0.62.1

in that case it crashes here:

        if (s->msg_callback)
s->msg_callback(0, s->version, SSL3_RT_HANDSHAKE, s->init_buf->data, (size_t)s->init_num + 4, s, s->msg_callback_arg);

So is the pointer to the callback wrong, or is the SIGSEGV in the
called function?

I searched  the cyrus code for _set_msg_callback to find where the function
is registered. But could not find it, which other ssl function could be used
to register the msg_callback? Is registering the msg_callback mandatory?

In which cases would trigger calling the callback? I ask because not
all processes receive a SIGSEGV, and I want to figure out if it will
SIGSEGV every time msg_callback is called, or only in some cases.

Regards

    Michael

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung mail: michael.me...@zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen