Starting with the next release after 1.0.2, we're planning on removing the
following platforms from the codebase.
        NeXT NEWS SUNOS
It looks like SUNOS can be handled by adding -Dssize_t=int as a compiler flag.

For your information, we have already removed BEOS, MWERKS and pre-OSx Mac
support (__MWERKS__, MAC_OS_pre_X, MAC_OS_GUSI_SOURCE,  MAC_OS_pre_X,
OPENSSL_SYS_MACINTOSH_CLASSIC, OPENSSL_SYS_MACOSX_RHAPSODY).  WIN16 is being
actively removed; it never really worked.

If this will cause problems for anyone, and you are willing to maintain those
platforms, please let me know. Again, these changes are planned for the next
release after 1.0.2

For information about out platform strategy, please visit
https://www.openssl.org/about/roadmap.html#platstrat

--
Principal Security Engineer, Akamai Technologies
IM: rs...@jabber.me Twitter: RichSalz