Hello,
I think that my patched version for WCE should work for windows phone :
https://www.mail-archive.com/openssl-dev@openssl.org/msg35958.html
reported (but with no details) to rt system here :
http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=3498

To my mind, shortly speaking : it is still easy to have a working WCE version of openssl, and it will be much easier to maintain it than introduce new #ifdef for WINPHONE.

About random numbers generation, see that (still open) discussion and suggestions...:
https://www.mail-archive.com/openssl-dev@openssl.org/msg36812.html

Regards
Pierre