From: owner-openssl-...@openssl.org [mailto:owner-openssl-...@openssl.org] On
Behalf Of Salz, Rich
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2014 8:40 AM
To: openssl-dev@openssl.org
Subject: RE: Low Level Digest if Fips mode

> Does this mean that if I want to use  low level digest APIs that I would
> comment out the  ' if (FIPS_mode())' test below?
> If this is ocorrect, am I now violating FIPS?

Yes, if you make that change and try to use that API, you would be violating
the FIPS validation.

The error message seems pretty clear:
sha_locl.h(128): OpenSSL internal error, assertion failed: Low level API call
to digest SHA1 forbidden in FIPS mode!

Are you asking which API to use instead?

The contents of this message, together with any attachments, are intended only
for the use of the person(s) to whom they are addressed and may contain
confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, immediately advise the sender, delete this message and any
attachments and note that any distribution, or copying of this message, or any
attachment, is prohibited.