>  Who is "us"?

The openssl dev team.

> It is natural for a lawyer to tell you to require lots of things to protect
> whatever entity is paying them.

Well, yeah, sure.  But I would hope that the bono-fides of the SFLC and Eben
Moglen  aren't being called into question.

Sure, please contact me (rsalz at openssl.org)

> To be clear, I don't have any problem with the OpenSSL Foundation being a
> for-profit corporation. But, it does make for a very different situation than
> how the Apache Software Foundation[3] or even Mozilla operates, and I think
> that distinction is very important when it comes to licensing.

Since Matt has explained that we're not a for-profit corporation, I assume that
this is no longer a concern for you.  We are *not* a tax-exempt charitable
organization, but we are not for profit.