--On Friday, November 20, 2015 9:28 PM +0000 Jonathan Larmour <j...@ecoscentric.com> wrote:
So a dual license still seems desirable to me.

However, also, and as I said when this came up before, I don't believe the
OpenSSL team is legally permitted to change the license as they do not
hold the entire copyright. To change the licence, you need a copyright
assignment or Contributor License Agreement from every individual or
company who has contributed code to OpenSSL. You cannot change the terms
of something you do not own. That is admittedly a significant hurdle to
any change.

Perhaps contributors, when approached by OpenSSL, can simly say they will not release their rights unless the project adopts a truly open license in the spirit of the original BSD style license minus the advertising clause.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Platform Architect