Hi,

the list of downloadable files on http://openssl.org/source/ contains pre1 *and* pre2 files for 1.1. Furthermore pre1 is listed above pre2. IMHO pre2 is what people should test and pre1 is no longer entitled to be listed on that page. So I suggest to remove pre1 from the list.

I don't know how this list is maintained, if auto-generated or manually. It seems the web git is not public.

In addition one could wish to put the preferred major version (1.0.2?) first in the list. Despite the version explanations in front of the list, it would help people to choose the right one. But of course what is preferred might change over time and is harder to automate with scripting.

Thanks and regards,

Rainer