On 3/9/16, 12:57 , "openssl-dev on behalf of danigrosu"
<openssl-dev-boun...@openssl.org on behalf of dni.gr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>In git version, if I comment the block...

I found that was not necessary. But autotools setup did not work (see my
that.

$ echo whatever | OPENSSL_ENGINES=. openssl dgst -md5 -engine emd5
engine "emd5" set.
(stdin)= d8d77109f4a24efc3bd53d7cabb7ee35
$

Regarding RSA-X engine, it lacks the dynamic binding code necessary for
being loaded, etc. That’s why it fails to load. Check the contents of
e_md5.c and eng_rsax.c for differences.

$ OPENSSL_ENGINES=. openssl engine -t -c rsax
(rsax) RSAX engine support
 [RSA]
     [ available ]
$