On 27/03/2016 14:59, Salz, Rich wrote:

# if defined(OPENSSL_SYS_UEFI) && !defined(ssize_t) #  define ossl_ssize_t
int #  define OSSL_SSIZE_MAX INT_MAX # endif
It's testing for a #define, not a typedef.

Then I suppose this comes down to understanding precisely what the test is trying to achieve. Do you mean it's explicitly checking for ssize_t being a macro rather than the usual typedef? Does OpenSSL create it as a macro somewhere?

POSIX requires ssize_t to be a type rather than a macro, defined in <sys/types.h> among other places. I don't know it there are non-POSIX or vaguely-similar-to-POSIX environments which define it as a macro.

--
J. J. Farrell
Not speaking for Oracle.