As far as I know the original intended logo is not the HelveticalNeue-Light one
(the one currently on openssl.org).

Long time ago someone has designed a logo with the font similar to the one I
printed on the stickers and that logo has also been used in some other places
during that time. I think you can still found that version on Goolge.

But the original high resolution version of that logo was lost for unknown
reason. So the openssl.org <http://openssl.org/> has no choice to use a
text-based version of the logo, with the HelveticalNeue-Light font.

The logo in the ‘.ai’ file I mentioned previously is actually one reissued
version of the 'correct-but-lost’ version. It was created by ‘hand-imitating’
the low-resolution image files found on Google…(that was in around 2018 IIRC
and I asked a BaishanCloud UED guy to help on the reissue task ;-).

Regards,

Paul Yang