As a sponsor of this release, we are concerned about further slippages in the
schedule.

I understand open source and “scratch your itch” and all that, but the project
made a commitment and several companies have contributed money and/or
engineering time. Some of those groups are making plans based on discussed
schedules and yes, I am sure that those people are not naïve about it.

I’d like the project to make a statement saying that, unless it’s a regression
or breakage, the only PR’s that will be merged for the near future are those
directly related to the agreed-upon FIPS work.