Ng, (?)

You need
  Perl for Win32 (from ActiveWare)
  VC 5 or later (from you know whom)

Last time I checked (with openssl-0.9.1c), it worked like this:

 <where_your_MSVC_bin_directory_is>\vcvars.bat
 cd <where_your_openssl_root_is>
 perl util\mk1mf.pl VC-WIN32 dll no-asm >ms\ntdll.mak
 perl util\mkdef.pl 32 libeay > ms\libeay32.def
 perl util\mkdef.pl 32 ssleay > ms\ssleay32.def
 nmake -f ms\ntdll.mak

After this, you will (so I hope) find two DLLs in the out32dll directory,
together with their respective import libraries.

This is very similar to the ms\do_ms.bat script proposed, but
with no-asm enabled, so that you won't need the MS assembler
(named ml.exe).

Cheers!

Ulrich Kröner

P.S.: Also see my attached mak file for making a debug version
( use "nmake -f ms\ntdll-debug-noasm.mak" )

Disclaimer: I speak for myself, not for my employer.