Henri,

So you have the following:
 1. A server certificate
 2. Your very own CA certificate
 3. A client certificate

Just check this:
 1. All of the above are different certificates (the server cert is
not self-signed),
 2. you have your own independent CA in a separate directory,
 3. all of the above certs are in the server's cert db,
 4. all of the above certs are in the client's cert db.

Does this hold? If so, you have a setup similar to the one I have,
and it works at my site.

Ulrich

> > Sorry, I meant "certificate". Every CA has a certificate.
> > This certificate needs to be made available to your server
> > if you plan to use any variant of a SSLeay certificate DB.
> >
>       [GOMEZ Henri]  Yes, I also put the CA cert in the certs
> directory with 'users' certs, since ssleay need to very the self
signed
> certs..

Right.