> I use the Perl code below to contact a
> transaction server.  It'll work fine if used
> with any server __except__ the one I want
> to use. When I try to contact tips.citicorp.de,
> the program displays "Segmentation fault" and
> coredumps after the Net_SSLeay debug ouput
> of "SSL NEGOTIATION". Any ideas?

I bet you would get the same behavior with s_client.
At least that's what I've experienced - the fix is
to use only SSLv2 or SSLv3.
To fix it look for the following line in Net::SSLeay:

#$ssl_version = 3;  # 2 = insist on v2 SSL protocol, 3 = insist on v3 SSL
                   # undef = guess (v23)

Uncomment it and choose either v2 or v3 - that should do the trick.
You could also try it out manually with the s_client to see if it
dumps core without the -ssl3 (-ssl2) option.

vh

Mads Toftum, QDPH
---
The Cult of Seriousness decreed that everyone had to keep their source
code hidden, because other people might laugh at how bad our code is,
and make us fix it. Or worse, someone might steal our bad code and make
it better. Then we would be out of business, and Life is Serious Business.
   -Larry Wall