Chris Price wrote:

>         Hi;
>
>         Just getting started with openssl and discovered that compiling fails
> on bn_div_words which after some further reading, seems to be related to
> probs with crypto/bn/asm/alpha.s.

[ ... old patch ... ]

>         Can someone suggest what mods to the above diff need to be done, and
> then suggest a proper command line and location (in the filesystem) to
> execute the patch from?
>
>         My apologies is this is a 'pain in the butt' newbie question. I am
> reasonably installing from source code (optimizing and so forth) but
> have had minimal experience with diffs (and have little docs about
> them)..

This patch would have been applied from the top of your sourcedir
as 'patch -p1 < xxxx.patch'.

However, despite all effort from various people, there is no
alpha.s version that passes 'make test' as of now.

Therefore, just add 'no-asm' to the ./configure command for now.
--
Niels Poppe - org.net bv <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>