I have a problem with OpenSSL 0.9.2b that I don't have with SSLeay
0.9.0b.  It concerns SSL-MZtelnet.  I have compiled OpenSSL on my RedHat
Linux 5.2 box using the src.rpm which I have slightly modified (I
changed ssltop to /var/ssl to match the SSLeay RPM and put the certs/,
private/, and lib/openssl.cnf files in there).  Anyway...  I recompiled
SSL-MZtelnet to link against OpenSSL (as the existing RPM seemed to have
problems with dynamic linking when I upgraded from SSLeay to OpenSSL).
Now if I connect from one machine (running SSL-MZtelnet and SSLeay) to
my other machine running SSL-MZtenet and OpenSSL it works!  But if I try
to connect to localhost on the OpenSSL machine it bails!  I get weird
error messages like those below and core dumps!  Help... please.

I'm not subscribed to this list (I have too much email to read already)
so please email me any responses.

Thank you heaps and heaps.

- [ snip ] -

[oliver] duality:/mnt/hdc1/archive/documentation$ telnet singularity -z
verbose -z debug
Trying 10.0.56.11...
SSL_DEBUG_FLAG on
Connected to singularity.home.deeper.co.nz.
Escape character is '^]'.
[SSL - attempting to switch on SSL]
[SSL - handshake starting]
SSL_connect:PINIT  before SSL initalisation
SSL_connect:23WCHA SSLv2/v3 write client hello A
SSL_connect:3RSH_A SSLv3 read server hello A
SSL_connect:3RSC_A SSLv3 read server certificate A
SSL_connect:3RCR_A SSLv3 read server certificate request A
SSL_connect:3RSD_A SSLv3 read server done A
SSL_connect:3WCC_A SSLv3 write client certificate A
SSL_connect:3WCKEA SSLv3 write client key exchange A
SSL_connect:3WCCSA SSLv3 write change cipher spec A
SSL_connect:3WFINA SSLv3 write finished A
SSL_connect:3FLUSH SSLv3 flush data
SSL_connect:3RFINA SSLv3 read finished A
[SSL - OK]
[SSL cipher=DES-CBC3-SHA]
[SSL subject=/C=NZ/ST=Central Plateau/L=Taupo/O=Deeper Design
Limited/OU=Web Content
[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
[SSL issuer=/C=NZ/ST=Central Plateau/L=Taupo/O=Deeper Design
Limited/OU=Web Content
[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Password:
Last login: Tue Apr 13 15:25:38 on tty4
[oliver] singularity:~$ telnet localhost
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
[SSL - attempting to switch on SSL]
[SSL - handshake starting]
[SSL - FAILED]
telnet: Unable to ssl_connect to remote host: Success
13445:error:140750FF:SSL routines:SSL23_CONNECT:unknown
state:s23_clnt.c:194:
Connection closed by foreign host.

--
Oliver Jones, BSc - [EMAIL PROTECTED]