So is the SSL_read() blocking or non-blocking.  I always thought it was
blocking until yesterday when

a) I saw that the structure ends up pointing at the ssl3_read() (if meth is
ssl3_...) that uses a BIO if you set one (rbio and wbio) and I believe that
yields a non-blocking func.

b) this morning when some one (Andrew?) here said that they were
non-blocking by default.

  Unfortunately some one else Richard (i think) disagree's.

  What if you (in Win32) do the inital connect Async and then do SSL_connect
on that (like some of the old demos (cli.c & srv.c)?  Does that make it
non-blocking as you are doing an asyncselect on the socket?

  who's right?