This may not be the answer you are looking for, but we've used
SSLeay for some of our own work (0.9.0b) and have not
encountered any problems during our own Y2K testing. This does
not say that there are any problems, just that in our usage
of the SSLv3 protocol, cert validation and encryption, we
haven't had any problems (yet ;-))

Thomas