OK. I'm confused (;-). I thought I understood the
load-the-certificate-at-Apache-startup issue, but then ...

On 28th.April,1999 Paul Rubin wrote :-

> If you need a lot of hits/sec (a smart card can't handle many) you can
> use a hardware accelerator like the Ncipher (what I'm using) or
> Rainbow accelerators

and now I'm lost again. Surely the certificate only needs to be loaded (and
therefore the passphrase needs to be entered) *once* after Apache startup ?
Are you saying it has to be loaded every time the server gets a hit from a
browser !!???!?!