Ulf Möller wrote:

> > I have been trying to compile openssl-0.9.2b on solaris 2.6. I
> > used './Configure solaris-usparc-sc4 no-asm' to configure the
> > product and it compiled fine. When I do 'make test' I get the
> > error:
> >
> >       ./rsa_oaep_test
> >       Decryption failed!
>
> It is possible that you have discovered a bug.
>
> Please download the current snapshot from ftp://ftp.openssl.org/snapshot,
> run make test again and let us know the result.

The results of compiling the latest snapshot were worse than the first.
I now get:

  starting big number library test, could take a while...
  test BN_add
  test BN_sub
  64  tests done
  128  tests done
  test BN_lshift1
  test BN_lshift
  test BN_rshift1
  192  tests done
  test BN_rshift
  test BN_sqr
  256  tests done
  test BN_mul
  320  tests done
  384  tests done
  448  tests done
  error
  make[1]: *** [test_bn] Error 1
  make[1]: Leaving directory
  make: *** [tests] Error 2

I then ran rsa_oaep_test which failed before and it gave me:

   ./rsa_oaep_test
  PKCS#1 v1.5 decryption failed!
  OAEP decryption failed!
  PKCS #1 v1.5 encryption/decryption ok
  OAEP encryption/decryption ok
  PKCS#1 v1.5 decryption failed!
  OAEP decryption failed!

I captured the compile into a script file which if you wish to
look at is on my web site http://publish.uwo.ca/~jonny/openssl

Thanks for your continued help.
Jon Hickmott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
University of Western Ontario.