On 05/26/99, Salz, Rich said:
>I expect, however, that what you are really interested in
>is "where can I get patches that integrate OpenSSL with
>crypto hardware?"  I don't know of any such patches. It's
>a moderate level of effort for you to do it yourself. I also
>believe that integration with PKCS11, the standard crypto-token
>API is on the OpenSSL wish list.

Actually, I've written patches for SSLeay-0.9.0b to use nCipher's hardware
supporting acceleration, the hardware RNG, and limited access to the
hardware key storage mechanism (actually the guys at nCipher wrote that
part, I just included it with the stuff I did too).

If you're in the US and you're interested in this, let me know, I will
send it to you.

The hardware is really great, and very fast.  It requires a large thread
pool (or OpenSSL to move to a totally async model, which is pretty tough)
to really be effective though.  The package should work fine under any OS
that nCipher supports.

--Chris