Peter 'Luna' Altberg wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm making a single floppy Linux router/firewall. For now I'm running
> the 'telnetd' from the GNU 'inetutil' package on it, but I'll rather be
> using SSL-MZtelnet instead. Unfortunately, I don't have much space left
> on the floppy now. Do anyone have any tips on how to configure/build
> OpenSSL and/or SSL-MZtelnet to use as little disk space as possible? A
> single encryption method would be sufficient I think.
>
> Cheers,
> Peter

> Peter "Luna" Altberg, Sweden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> PGP Key ID: 0x33BE83E0
> Fingerprint: 05DB BFF0 4F9D 1FFA 8441  E859 7F7B E52E 33BE 83E0
>
> Gubben Movitz ler och nickar, / men från Charons mörka sund
> dödens blund / i dina blickar / bådar snart din sista stund.
> Carl Michael Bellman, Fredmans epistel nr 34

Well...I guess you already dropped the Idea, RC2 and RC4 stuff using
no-idea, no-rc2 and no-rc4 at config-time. Funny thing is, Im working
on a single floppy solution as well (not route/fw though) and so I m
concerned by the same problems. My statically linked SSLftp isnt a
real problem so far though, but the smaller the better...:)

Regards
Michael

ps:  Of course SSLftp IS huge compared to the rest...pppd, mgetty and
     the basic utils, even the kernel isnt that much bigger...*sigh*
pps: Something I really dislike is that you have to give the "-DNO_IDEA
     -DNO_RC2 -DNO_RC4" options to each and every application/utility
     at compile time. How about adding a header file to the openSSL
     includes which defines those options for later inclusion? I try
     to work something out..shouldnt be that difficult...

--
// 3C Dr.Klingler, Dr.Portz GbR            Tel:   ++49 2407 96056