On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Holger Reif wrote:

[skip]

> BTW why do you think it's wrong to issue completely
> new certs for your users that already have other
> certs? Don't you have more than one oficial id
> document like passport, drivers licence etc.

Well, at least i prefer to minimize cases when clients could be disturbed by
"stupid" questions like "what cert do you want to use with this site"

Or did I miss something?

> If you want to rely on other's CA work you should
> make some restrictions with SSLRequire directive.

Surely, I've already did it -- or esle how could I get existing client cert
and verify it's not a fake? ;-)

Sincerely,
D.Marck                                   [DM5020, DM268-RIPE, DM3-RIPN]