I'd like to programmatically export a user's private key from
Navigator.  I know the user can export it as a PKCS12 file, but I'd
like to make it a little simpler for the user.

I know that the private keys are stored in key3.db, which is in
Berkeley DB 1.85 format.  I suspect that the data is encrypted with
3DES (based on what I've read), although I'm not sure how they'd do
it for the international version...maybe they use some "known" key
bits.  I also know the general format of cert7.db thanks to Dr.
Stephen Henson (http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk).

What I don't know (or have the slightest idea how to find out) is:

1.  How the encryption key is derived from the password.
2.  What format the private key is in after decrtyped.

Another option would be to get Java or Javascript to export the
private key somehow.  I've heard someone say this is possible.

Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Allen

--
Allen Hadden