> Now these are the SAME ciphers as another site I tried that works!
>
> Am I doing something wrong? Is this site just being more strict than
> others about letting me send data to it? What can I do?
>
> The site in question is https://www.multicards.com
>
> If anyone has any idea how to solve this I would be very grateful, I
> have been working on this for two days now, and I have my job riding
> on being able to fix this.

I was able to connect to the site using the perl lwp-request utility
like so:

 prompt> lwp-request https://www.multicards.com

perl-libwww / LWP::* modules invoke Crypt::SSLeay to
handle the https part of the connection.  The method that I
use to deal with servers like these is to first try a SSLv23
connection, and then try a SSLv2 connection should the first
one fail.

As you discovered, not all server negotiate the SSLv23
hello request successfully. :(

-- Joshua