Hi all !

After trying many hours to get client/server authentication via
certificate to work with stunnell-3.4a (openssl-0.9.4), I require
some help from enlightened people.

Here's what I did:

        - create a certificate authority (openssl req -new -x509
        -nodes -keyout keyCAcert.pem -out CAcert.pem)

        - create a certificate request (openssl req  -new -nodes
        -keyout newkey.pem -out newreq.pem  -days 365)

        - sign it with the certificate authority private key
        to form a server certificate (openssl ca -days 365 -keyfile
        keyCAcert.pem -cert CAcert.pem -policy policy_anything
        -in newreq.pem -out newcert.pem)

        - concatanate newkey.pem & newcert.pem in
        /usr/local/ssl/certs/stunnel.pem

Now, everything works as long as I don't put -v 1 in stunnel (client
side), that is, as long as I don't try to authenticate the server.
When I try to do so, I get a
"Sep 19 18:57:56 localhost stunnel[1753]: VERIFY ERROR: depth=0
error=unable to get local issuer certificate: /C=FR/ST=Seine
St-Denis/L=La Courneuve/O=No Company/CN=certificat
serveur/Email=aucun", even if the client stunnel knows of the private
and public keys (in /usr/local/ssl/certs/stunnel.pem) or public and
private keys of the certificate authority ...

Anyone has an idea on that ?

 Herve Regad-Pellagru
(E-mail address: replace what is before '@' by 'regad' in the FROM line)