Hi All,

I've doing the same task, and have found it easiest using the simple client
example in the demos\ssl directory - s_client is reasonably complex for what
is a reasonably simple task.

What I don't understand is how to authenticate the server once the secure
connection has been established - In theory, I believe, it could be any
secure server using any snakeoil CA that I have connected to.

Is there an standard method for a client to authenticate a server & a
server's CA?  It seems to be a basic enough function, but I keep getting
lost in the headers.

Is it enough just to parse the details provided by
X509_get_issuer_name  (server_cert) ? (I don't think so)

Any help or pointers appreciated,

Cheers,

Ian.
----

The mysterious comment in cli.cpp:

  /* We could do all sorts of certificate verification stuff here before
deallocating the certificate. */

tells me I'm missing something.