Linux is the kernel which gives me the ability to use apache, but I
certainly wouldn't direct problems with apache to the linux-kernel mailing
list. Windows allows me to use Eudora, but I wouldn't call Microsoft with
questions about how Eudora works.  (OK, fair enough, I wouldn't bother
trying to get a straight answer out of MS about MS products, but you get
the point...hopefully).