On Mon, Nov 22, 1999 at 02:48:42PM +0100, Klaus-Dieter Wirth wrote:
> I'm using the crypto library of openssl 0.9.4 on HP-UX 10.20. I've got
> things running with "hpux10-brokencc" configuration, i.e. compile with
> HP's cc. When I build my own program with cc and link it with
> libcrypto.a, it works really fine.
> 
> Because of other reasons I have to use HP's CC (C++)-compiler and linker
> now. So I compile my code with CC and link it with the cc-built
> libcrypto.a. Despite this approach should work (I've done similar things
> often before and there are no errors and no warnings), the program
> crashes with "Segmentation fault (core dumped)".
> 
> Does anybody have an idea how to fix this problem? Has anybody managed
> to build openssl with HP's CC?

Do you have any more information on the segmentation fault? Does it really
occur within openssl?
Please use a debugger to backtrace the call stack. If necessary, you can
compile both your software and openssl with debugging support (-g) and
then analyze where the segmenation fault occurs.
(An -g'ed libcrypto.a might grow to 18MB if I remember correctly, but since
you run the the really big things like C++ you likely will have enough
resources to handle this.)

Regards,
        Lutz
-- 
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/
Lehrstuhl Allgemeine Elektrotechnik                  Tel. +49 355 69-4129
Universitaetsplatz 3-4, D-03044 Cottbus              Fax. +49 355 69-4153
______________________________________________________________________
OpenSSL Project                                 http://www.openssl.org
User Support Mailing List                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Automated List Manager                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to