At 08:14 AM 12/26/99 , you wrote:
>At 05:15 AM 12/26/99 +0100, Roberto Micarelli wrote:
>>
>>That's a good question, stay with us in fighting against sw patents.
>
>I *HAVE* to take exception to this.  As a patent holder myself (I hold 4
>of them), what's wrong with somebody being able to safeguard their own
>personal inventions?  You seem to believe that nobody has a right to do that.
>Sorry, pal, but you are just plain WRONG!  And I think it's highly inappropriate
>that you openly push that agenda in a forum like this.

Dan,

I also believe in SW patents, .. but the current farce with RSA, even you have to
admit, is stupid! Why cannot developers purchase a license (I do not call $100,000 a
license fee for ANYONE)? Why has RSA abandoned RSAREF?

I think even you would have to agree that this is a SW patent gone WAY off track.

         Lee