Vin McLellan wrote:
> >I also believe in SW patents, .. but the current farce with RSA, even you
> have >to admit, is stupid! Why cannot developers purchase a license (I do
> not call >$100,000 a license fee for ANYONE)? Why has RSA abandoned RSAREF?
>
>         1.  People who own something (and a patent is an property ownership
> grant) don't have to let anyone, who demands access to it, actually get
> direct access to it.

Permit me to quote from RFC 2246 (TLS):

   The Internet
   Standards Process as defined in RFC 2026 requests that a statement be
   obtained from a Patent holder indicating that a license will be made
   available to applicants under reasonable terms and conditions.

Cheers,

Ben.

http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html

     - Indira Gandhi