I'm following the instructions at:

http://www.intertrader.com/library/SSLeay/no_rsa.cfm

to generate certs for my client/server application.

Once I've done the final step "generating a DSA certificate", then
I would distribute signed.pem with the client, and load privkey.pem in
the server, right?

In my server, I'm doing:

PEM_read_bio_DHparams
SSL_CTX_set_tmp_dh

What calls do I need to make in the client to load up the cert?

What about the certificate verification/lookup paths calls?  Do I need
to use them since I'm my own CA?  If so, what do I check the CA for?
Do I need to do it in both the client and the server?

Thanks,
Skye