On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Aaron Gelner wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> Since our initial date of receiving our SSL cert CA'd by Thawte, every
> Sunday, Apache seemingly faults out on the Secured Socket Layer side,
> thus causing not a connection refused to port 443, instead, a connection
> reset error.  We've contacted thawte, they have no idea *no kidding* as
> to what is going on.  They recommended we try the openssl user list, so
> here I am.  The logs report nothing that is substantially evident to
> WHEN and WHY the SSL part dies, though, there are particular statements
> about openSSL being "confused."  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Well, if you are using Linux or other Unix check if logrotate runs its
script httpd - logrotate runs it everu Sunday. Other thing is that you
propably have to enter Pass Phase while starting httpd - you have that
Pass Phase included in your certificate, so initial check has to be made.
When Apache is automaticly restarted there is no way to put your secret
Pass Phase, so Apache won't start.

Solution - remove Pass Phase from certificate or disable logrotate running
over http.

Andrzej
---
       IDK S.C.         |  e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Czlonek zalozyciel PKFL | ul. Obr. Westerplatte 6/3 | http://www.idk.com.pl
  http://www.pkfl.com   | 80-317 Gdansk, Poland     | Tel: +48 58 552 43 88