Oliver King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>                     [...]  Does OpenSSL support reading from a connection on
> one thread and writing to the same connection on another thread?

> Has anyone tried this, or is it not supported?

I would not recommend trying, there is no locking done on the
structures, so the two threads could interfere with each other in
unpredicatable ways.  In the initialization of threaded OpenSSL
applications you'll notice that the application has to provide a
number of mutex locks; however all of these are global locks and there
are no per-object locks, so locking during all SSL I/O functions would
be very inefficient.  If your application has its own locking to
ensure that never two threads will try to use the same SSL connection
at the same time, then there should be no problem.