[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > I've compiled a libcurl.lib with Visual C++ which
> > is supposed to link with OpenSSL. When I compile
> > the COM object and link with libcurl.lib, I get
> > a lot of complaints from the compiler about undefined
> > symbols, almost all starting with SSL_ - so I guess it
> > tries to link SSL statically... However I use the
> > precompiled OpenSSL DLLs available on the
> > OpenSSL homepage.
>
> The linker must resolve the SSL_* functions even if you plan to link to a DLL.
> It uses (very small) stubs to link into your code statically which at runtime
> resolve to the related dll's.
> This means that you have to feed the linker with libeay32.lib and ssleay32.lib
> (these are the static stubs to the dynamic libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll).
>
> Typically you specify these in MS Visual IDE / Project Settings / Link /
> Category Input:
>         - Object/library modules (add):  libeay32.lib ssleay32.lib
>         - Additional libraryy path (add): <PATH TO YOUR .lib FILES>

Thanks a lot! I didn't have these lib files at all, since they're not
part of the Windows distribution of OpenSSL. But I found out that
I can create them with LIB.EXE using commandlines like these:

lib /DEF:libssl32.dll
lib /DEF:libeay32.dll

But the linker still complains about the same missing _SSL_* symbols
even though I added them to the project as you describe... :(

Cheers
Johnny Andersen
NetGroup