Hello,

Is it possible to include the private_key passphrase in the .cnf file?

I do not want to remove the passphrase from this key, but I have an
application where I do not want to require user interaction to sign a
certificate.

If this is not possible or alternatively, is it possible to include the
passphrase on the command line?  That is, is there some way that I can
add the passphrase to this statement:

$SSL/openssl ca -verbose -config acaciPVT-openssl.cnf -gencrl -msie_hack
\
  -out $DIR/cert.signed \
  -infiles $DIR/req.pem

Is that what the 'key' option is for?  If so, do I include -key
"phassphrase"?

I have developed some perl scripts that run the openssl command above as
a perl system("...") command, but this requires user interaction at the
terminal.  This is works fine, but what I am trying to do is develop
some Embperl scripts that gives my CA Administrator access to signing
certificate requests over a secure VPN with out having to SSH into the
secure server.  I can prompt the CA Admin for the passphrase, and then
include it into the command string if this is possible.

Also, is there, by any chance, a perl module or API for openssl that
gives me perl/openssl commands?  Currently I have to communicate to
openssl from within perl scripts with system("...") commands.

Thank you,
Murrah Boswell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]