hi,
  IMHO someone should create a central trusted CA that is open sourced for
all to trust however that would take some doing..;-)) ..anyone interested:-))
On Tue, 28 Mar 2000, Hostmaster wrote:
> There is no governing body that I am aware of. Is it to be yet
> another Amercian led thing? That is what got things to the state
> they're in now.
>
> Also, what would be an appropriate list to discuss these things, if
> not openssl-users?
>
> Bill Laakkonen
> www.im1.net

> > It's time to have some kind of governing body
> > to force the browser makers include all accredited
> > CA's in the list of automatically trusted CA's.
> > Not the ones that pay them big $$$.

************** DREAMWVR.COM - TOTAL INTERNET SERVICES ****************
TOTAL DESIGN - DEVELOPMENT - INTEGRATION - SECURITY - Click Here..
<http://www.dreamwvr.com/services/MAX_SEC.html>
DREAMWVR.COM - The Console of Many... 90 Topics Covered
<http://www.dreamwvr.com/dynamicduo.html> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
->> LINUX-MANDRAKE Solution Provider and North American Distributor <<-
PRODUCT OF THE YEAR!
<http://www.dreamwvr.com/mandrake/mandrake-main.html>
"===0 PGP Key Available
*************** "As Unique as the Company You Keep." *****************
"If anyone speaks from DREAMWVR.COM its certainly not me:-)"