Dear all ,
        We are Computer Science group from the American University in Cairo, and we
are graduating this semseter. In fact, our graduation project is about
"Distributed Intrusion Detection System", and our system needs to use SSL in
the connections between its components (i.e. the sensor that captures and
filters the packets in the netwrok and sends these suspected packets to the
Monitor to analyze these packets to detect attacks).
In short, we have problems in using the openssl. We searched till we found the
Demos (srvr.c & cli.c). However, in the README file, it was written that these
demos won't work and we don't know why. It seems to us that these files have
put our foot in the right way (i.e. how to set the Context object, and how to
initialize the SSL object, .... etc.), and that could help us to understand
the previos points. When we run the Server file, it listens with no problem,
but when the client tries to connect to it, there are errors occur and
accordingly the connection failes.
In the server side we get this error :

" 2059:error:1408A0C1:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:no shared
cypher:s3_srvr.c:769 "

In the client side we get this error:

" 2062:error:1409E0E5:SSL routines:SSL3_WRITE_BYTES:ssl handshake
failure:s3_pkt.c:490 "

It seems that the client error is based on the server error. Also,  it seems
that the server problem is due to the absence of a shared cypher and
implicitly the session id.

Sir, can you help us in our problem? How to set and choose the session id, and
how to choose the cypher file. How to use the SSL in general? We are running
out of time and we need your answer very soon.

Thank you sir for your consideration and help. Sorry for bothering you.
                                  thanks,
                                            Nevine