I've downloaded the 0.9.5a release and admired the new documentation,
but
still cannot find what I'm looking for.  Does the 'openssl' program
include
a facility for generating an X.509 certificate for a file specified on
the
command line?

If not, can somebody point me to a demo program that does such?  I've
looked at sign.c in the demos, and I see that it purports to have
created
a signature, but I'm not familiar enough with the data structures to see
exactly where.  The *new, improved* doco should help.  Let me take a
wild stab: after the call to EVP_SignFinal, the signature is in sig_buf,
right?

Any help will be appreciated.  I'm working on OpenBSD 2.6+ if that makes
any difference at all, and occasionally FreeBSD 4.0+.

Wes Peters
DoBox Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.dobox.com/