I  am trying to create a self signed certificate for my server.  I
have already made and installed everything necessary (using Apache
1.3.12, open_ssl-0.9.4, and mod_ssl 2.6)  to get my server running, then
I created a
certificate by going into the apache dir, and typed make certificate.
When I made the certificate,  it was automatically signed by Snake Oil,
LTD.  After following another thread on here I went to the dir created
when I untarred the openssl file, and went to /apps, and tried to edit
the openssl.cnf file to change the signor to reflect myself, but could
not find where to do this.    Where do I need to make the changes as to
be able to generate a self signed cert?  I see some a variable reference

labeled, issuer, but do not see where that variable is initialized.  Is
this the variable I need to change, if so where do i change it to
reflect my own name?

Brian