Hello -

I am trying to write an SSL proxy for IMAP that will interpose itself
between a client and a server for the purpose of collecting trace
information.  For the most part, I have gotten it working (with the
Netscape Mail client it works great), except when I tested it using a
Microsoft Outlook client, it does not work.

Originally, I created a server ctx (which allows the clients to connect
to the proxy), using SSLv23_server_method().  However, when I do this,
the Outlook client cannot accept, and I see the following errors
resulting from the SSL_accept call.  (note, Outlook tries to connect
twice, that's why there is two errors:)

15700:error:1408A0C1:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:no shared
cipher:s3_srvr.c:769:
15700:error:140760FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:unknown
protocol:s23_srvr.c:557:

Now, my question is, why isn't there a shared common cipher?  Is there a
way to add more ciphers then justing SSL_library_init()?  Also, any clue
why the ssl23 hellow fails?

To make it more interesting, I found that when I use a
SSLv2_server_method() call, it works.  But, I thought that SSLv23
included the SSLv2 stuff, so that if SSLv2 works, so should SSLv23.  Is
my understanding of this wrong?

Any suggestion would be greatly welcomed.

thanks,

Steve Czerwinski