Can Anyone Help Me?

Please excuse me, I am a newbie to Apache and ssl but I am having a problem
nonetheless.  I am attempting to install Apache 1.3.12 with
openssl 0.9.5 on a Sun Ultra 1 Enterprise running Solaris 5.7.  I have
configured the rsaref, ran make, make install and all went fine.
I then copied the apache_1_3_12+ssl_1.40.tar.gz file into the apache_3.12
directory, gunzipped, untarred, ran ./FixPatch then
ran ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache and all went fine.  When I ran
make however, I receive the following after some time:

Undefined
first referenced
 symbol
in file
ERR_load_RSAREF_strings
/usr/local/etc/SSL/openssl-0.9.5/libcrypto.a(err_all.o)
RSA_PKCS1_RSAref
/usr/local/etc/SSL/openssl-0.9.5/libcrypto.a(rsa_lib.o)

ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to httpsd
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `target_static'
Current working directory /tmp/installs/apache_1.3.12/src
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `build-std'
Current working directory /tmp/installs/apache_1.3.12
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `build'

Needless to say, it did not work and I am pulling my hair out!  Would
someone please help me?

Thanks!
John