I was asking one of the Netscape Tech Reps about the Open Source PKI
Projects at:

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/

In particular I was asking why no one has built the shell code netscape
has opened up, using Open SSL.  He said he really didn't know.  I can
get the bits for NSS built for every operating system I could possibly
want except for the most important operating system in the world,
Linux!  Currently the source tree opened up by Netscape will not
compile.  There is some cryptic mention of something called RSAref which
they have built with.  It seems to me one could build this stuff with
Open SSL.  I would love to see this happen.

Netscape may likely provide me whith the bits for Linux one day, but I
can only use that for DoD applications.  I want something I can use for
my own projects.  Currently I lack the time and skills to attempt the
merging of Open SSL and NSS.  If anybody has the time, know-how, and
inclination to do this, he or she would be my hero!

Any comments?

Steve