[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Okay,
>         I'm feeling like a moron, now. I have built quite a few ssl
> servers for people (Thanks, Ralf, et alia!), but never bothered to look
> into the CA side of things ... before now. I am completely lost! I have
> scoured the FAQ at [modssl|openssl].org, but am still very much adrift. I
> cannot understand how to use the ca commands to sign a cert request that
> was generated from an O'Reilly Website Pro box. I am running
> openssl/modssl+apache on a Linux box. The Linux box is where I am
> attempting to run the ca commands. Any, and all, help is enthusiastically
> welcomed! Pointers to a *VERY* detailed HOWTO would help.
> Thanks,

Look at the CA.pl manual page in the latest snapshot (or website) that'd
probably the easiest way to handle things, rather than calling 'ca'
directly. I think the FAQ refers to it.

If that doesn't help can you be more specific?

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson.   http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/
Personal Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]