Hello Lutz,

>> the other a Domestic Version. To set the communication right for the
Domestic Version I have to do
>>           SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list(ctx, SSL_TXT_RC4_128_WITH_MD5);
>>
>> If I try to connect with the same code to the Export-Version, the answer
is 0 Bytes long, I have to cut out
>> the described line of code oder write
>>           SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list(ctx,
SSL_TXT_RC4_128_EXPORT40_WITH_MD5);
>> instead.

>You will have your special reasons to hardcode a special cipher instead
>of just use the compile-time default...
>The ciphers you chose are SSLv2 (for any reasons you might have), but
since
>the texts for SSLv2 and SSLv3 are the same, this is of no importance.
>What you really want is to use the 128bit domestic cipher and the 40bit
>cipher as a fallback:
>    SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list(ctx, "RC-MD5:EXP-RC4-MD5");

First of all thanks for that quick and very helpfull answer!
I just wonder why this cipher (RC-MD5) is not supported by default or am I
wrong in this case?

My special reason is that without the mentioned functioncall I get a

"<title>Insufficient encryption</title><h1>Insufficient encryption</h1>This
document requires a larger secret key size for
encryption than your browser is capable of supporting."

-answer from the Domestic Server.
 (see also my mail "Error: document requires a larger secret key size for
encryption than your browser is capable of supporting", posted on June 22).
Since there was no response to this request I found this the only way to
solve my problem. In case you've got a better
solution, please let me know.

Greetings,

Silvio Matthes